It's January. The new year is in full swing and we have a New Year's resolution for all you real estate agents out there: get up-to-date on the apps you should be using to make your and your clients' lives easier.
Chances are, if you wield a smartphone and have a real estate license, you have downloaded one or two of these life-saving apps. We've gathered our top nine smartphone apps for real estate agents, plus some local resources for agents in the Seacoast area of NH and Southern ME as well. Now, get downloading!
- Cam Scanner: Imagine having to carry around a full-size laser scanner to capture every document you need during the sale of a property. Then, imagine you don't. Feels good, doesn't it?
- Dropbox: Dropbox goes where you go, and allows you to bring all of your files with you (and share them, too). Youll also love it for large file photo sharing. What better way to sell a home than with gorgeous photographs?
- Google Maps: In addition to keeping you from getting lost on your way to the showing, Google Maps can help you show clients the neighborhood without leaving a home. Find the closest parks, schools, or grocery stores with a simple search.
- ListingsPlus: This app helps agents log, track, and report on their listing activity. It can help you handle everything from an inquiry to showings and open houses.
- Mortgage Calculator: Unfortunately, mortgages are a fact of life, but at least there's a handy tool that can help you with the calculations. The Mortgage Calculator app tells how much a house will cost per month. It also provides a real-time look at the current mortgage and refinance rates.
- PDF Escape: Almost anything you could want or need to do with a pdf,(Portable Document Format) you can do with this app. Think: Edit PDF files; create new PDF forms; view PDF files; and fill out PDF forms. So many uses. So little time.
- Sign Easy: A Sign Easy testimonial says, SignEasys interface is clean and straightforward, the app runs fast, and I don't think it is possible to open, sign, date, confirm, and send a contract in fewer taps."
- Vert - Simply Converting: Only you know how good you are at converting those kilometers to miles for a couple from Canada. (Thank goodness you know that a 10K race is 6.2 miles!) But that can only take you so far. That's where Vert comes in. This app takes care of all the tough conversions for you and is a breeze to use.
- SIR Mobile: Download the updated version of the Sothebys International Realty app toenter the extraordinary world of luxury real estate! To enhance a home search,SIR Mobile not only offers luxury homes for sale, for rent and recent home sale prices, but also provides the ability to hone a property search based on local points of interest and lifestyle. It empowers you to get to know the neighborhood where you or your clients areconsidering buying or renting a home...even internationally!
These fast few aren't apps, but they're online resources that will help you, and your clients, get to know their neighborhoods better.
- Seacoastonline.com: This is the online version of all local newspapers, including Portsmouth Herald, Hampton Union, Exeter News-Letter, York Weekly, the York County Coast Star and Edge, and the weekly arts and entertainment magazine.
- PortsmouthNH.com: A very good online events calendar, heavy on local photography.
- Thesquarenh.com: The Square is a new periodical from the parent company of Yankee Magazine. You can look for the hard copy dropped around town. Excellent features and design.
To learn more aboutthe tools and resources we use to help our clients buy and sell real estate inthe Seacoast area of NH and Southern ME, get in touch withour team.