Source: Mike Barron Photography
Along the shore of Sagamore Creek in beautiful Portsmouth NH, you'll find Tidewatch Condominium, 'A Seacoast Community of Timeless Perfection.' The lifestyle here offers a rare combination of rural beauty and urban convenience. It's a setting where you have room to breathe and relax. All residences are sited on high ground to maximize the best views of the water, woods, and marshland. Great care was taken to ensure the privacy of individual homeowners and the integrity of the natural environment.
If you ask around, locals will tell you that Tidewatch Condominium is in a perfect location...privately tucked off a road that takes you to downtown Portsmouth, the beaches of Rye, and major routes with shopping centers. In just a few minutes, you can be in Market Square to enjoy great restaurants, a lively music and arts scene, fabulous boutiques and many historical sites. When you drive back home, you get to enjoy the peace and serenity of your low-maintenance lifestyle. The best of both worlds!
Sagamore Creek is a wonderful place to set out and explore the Seacoast by kayak, canoe or paddleboard! It's a saltwater estuary that flows eastward from the Urban Forestry Center into Little Harbor, north to the Piscataqua River and Portsmouth Harbor, and due east between Rye and New Castle to the Atlantic Ocean.
There are 117 condominium units in 44 buildings, plus a mailroom and maintenance building, constructed in 3 phases over a 20-year period (from approximately 1986 to 2007). Tidewatch Condominium encompasses 53.5 acres of land at 579 Sagamore Avenue, near the equally popular Seacoast towns of Rye and New Castle.
The monthly fee is $586 per unit, which includes water, sewer, master insurance, exterior maintenance of all buildings, common area landscaping and maintenance, snow and trash removal, etc.
TIDEWATCH CONDOMINIUM FLOORPLANS
1. 'A' Unit: end unit with the largest finished square footage, a first-floor master bedroom, and a 2-car garage. There are more 'A' Units than any other at Tidewatch Condominium. According to one resident, it's the most desirable floorplan. *See Unit 53 floorplan below
2. 'B' Unit: inside unit (flanked by others on each side) with a second-floor master bedroom and 1-car garage.
3. 'C' Unit: end unit with a first-floor master bedroom and 1-car garage.
4. 'D' Unit: end unit with a large first-floor main living area, second-floor master bedroom, and 1-car garage. There are only a few of these at Tidewatch Condominium.
Tidewatch Condominium 'A' Unit First Floor Layout (#53)
TOP TEN REASONS TO LOVE TIDEWATCH CONDOMINIUM
- A peaceful and serene environment, only 1.5 miles from downtown Portsmouth (with sidewalks linking the two!).
- Beautiful waterfront area with a walking path and dock for swimming and launching kayaks.
- There's a wonderful sense of community here. New residents are welcomed with open arms...a 'welcome package' is personally delivered by the Welcome Committee! Social activities include the annual Spring Wine & Cheese event and Holiday party...and, for the readers out there, a book club and book swap shop in the mailroom.
- Easy living! When it snows, the maintenance team plows your driveway and shovels a path to your front door.
- Stunning landscape and grounds, thanks to the prowess of resident gardening enthusiasts.
- Private wells for the irrigation system, to keep the property looking beautiful without excessive municipal water bills.
- Professionally managed association with an excellent Board of Directors and highly engaged residents.
- The association is responsible for most exterior building maintenance, including roofs and exterior painting.
- Healthy association financials with large reserves.
Tate & Foss Sotheby's International Realty Associate Marion Barron has lived at Tidewatch Condominium for many years, describing the lifestyle...
"Tidewatch offers quiet, easy living within a mile from downtown Portsmouth. I've met some great dogs and cats...and the people are nice too!"
Our team is proud to represent Unit 53:
NOTABLE SALES + STATISTICS
Since September 2021, there have been 5 sales* at Tidewatch Condominium, with an average price of $1,038,170. The median marketing time was just 4 days. The highest sale occurred in August 2022; 579 Sagamore Avenue #95 (a waterfront 'A' Unit) sold for $1,510,000...the Sellers were represented by Tate & Foss Sotheby's International Realty Sales Associate Barb Shea. Our team has sold many properties here over the years! *per PrimeMLS
For more information about living at Tidewatch Condominium in Portsmouth NH, please contact a member of our real estate sales team. At Tate & Foss Sotheby's International Realty, we pride ourselves on having in-depth knowledge of our market area. We'd like to share that knowledge with you.